Now Hiring Home Health Aides Near You
Home Health Aide / Companion
This level of care provides support services that strive to maintain and support clients in their place of residence.
- Provide socialization, conversation and emotional reassurance to the client.
- Encourage and participate in reading, appropriate games, and other activities to promote well-being and stimulate the mind and the spirit.
- Provide for safety by using the principles of health and safety in relation to self and client as follows:
- Indentifies and reports safety hazards.
- Follows assigned safety precautions.
- Practices health protection and cleanliness by appropriate techniques of handwashing, waste disposal and household tasks.
- Assist with home management as authorized by the client, client’s family, client’s legal representative, or licensed professional; i.e., assist client in bill sorting, ordering/shopping for groceries/home supplies, and monitor home repair as needed.
- Assist with mail and supervise deliveries to the client.
- Provides incidental transportation and/or escorts client to scheduled appointments, shopping and errands.
- Perform light housekeeping duties.
- Take care of pets and water the plants.
- Supervise the safety of client while he/she is toileting, bathing and dressing.
- Encourage mild exercise program.
- Encourage, monitor and assist with simple meal preparation and fluids.
- Provide medication reminders. Medications must be pre-dosed by the client, client’s family, client’s legal representative or licensed professional.
- Report any concerns to Agency supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of one year of work experience and must complete Relative Care’s employment process.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior, and understand the need for patient confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.