Certified Nursing Assistant
This level of care supports and maintains individuals in their place of residence by providing CNA support services and personal “hands on” care.
- Apply the principles of good nutrition to meal planning and preparation paying particular attention to the requirements of special diets. Can prepare a specialized diet for the client.
- Perform daily living activities—grooming, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Performs occupied bed changes.
- Performs bed bath.
- Provide nail care to clients that are not diabetic or on anti-coagulant prescriptions.
- Maintain intake and output records.
- Assist with client-directed, non-invasive ostomy care only when there is no need for skilled skin care or for observation or reporting to a nurse within state guidelines.
- Provide skin care to clients with chronic problems under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Provide medication assistance under the direction of a licensed registered nurse within state guidelines.
- Provide transfers with the use of gait belts, total lift and transfer devices with the proper training and demonstrated competency.
- Assists with respiratory status
- Reinforce range of motion, physical and occupational therapy exercises under the direction of a licensed therapist or nurse.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate and complete Relative Care’s employment process.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior, and understand the need for patient confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the RN Supervisor any change in client’s condition.
- Must have available reliable transportation to and from assignments. (Driver’s License preferred)