Now Hiring Certified Nursing Assistants Near You
Certified Nursing Assistant
This level of care supports and maintains individuals in their place of residence by providing CNA support services and personal “hands on” care.
- Apply the principles of good nutrition to meal planning and preparation paying particular attention to the requirements of special diets. Can prepare a specialized diet for the client.
- Perform daily living activities—grooming, bathing, dressing, and toileting.
- Performs occupied bed changes.
- Performs bed bath.
- Provide nail care to clients that are not diabetic or on anti-coagulant prescriptions.
- Maintain intake and output records.
- Assist with client-directed, non-invasive ostomy care only when there is no need for skilled skin care or for observation or reporting to a nurse within state guidelines.
- Provide skin care to clients with chronic problems under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Provide medication assistance under the direction of a licensed registered nurse within state guidelines.
- Provide transfers with the use of gait belts, total lift and transfer devices with the proper training and demonstrated competency.
- Assists with respiratory status
- Reinforce range of motion, physical and occupational therapy exercises under the direction of a licensed therapist or nurse.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate and complete Relative Care’s employment process.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior, and understand the need for patient confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English.
- Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the RN Supervisor any change in client’s condition.
- Must have available reliable transportation to and from assignments. (Driver’s License preferred)